What a story! Katherine McNamara shares her story and gives us advice about life, how to get a job, how to get into cybersecurity. Is cybersecurity a good field to get into? Advice for getting a job.Life Advice!
#CCNA #CCNASecurity #Cybersecurity
10 years ago:
– I was barely starting out in IT with no college degree or certifications making $12.50/hr
-Worked as a security guard at night to barely scrape together money for study materials and certs. I only had 4 hours between the two jobs to sleep.
– Couldn’t afford regular meals so I was eating out of a snack machine most of the time.
– My stress levels were through the roof since my car was always breaking down, didn’t have any savings or really a place to live to call my own.
– I was probably in a constant state of working through any illnesses I caught because I couldn’t afford to take a day off. Friends who saw me during this time said I was wrecked and I certainly felt like it.
Now in 2018:
– Finished college and grad school
– Definitely have some certifications out of the way
– In a job that I love
– I don’t have 2 full time jobs with only 3-4 hours inb
– I’ve achieved a lot of great professional goals and I have a lot more on the horizon that I’m working on
– I eat much healthier now
– I work out
– My personal life is much better.
Here’s to another 10 years of progress and health!
Note: Travel and conference access courtesy of Cisco.