Packet Tracer file (PT Version 7.1) : https://goo.gl/KDPRu3
Get the Packet Tracer course for only $10 by clicking here: https://goo.gl/vikgKN
Get my ICND1 and ICND2 courses for $10 here: https://goo.gl/XR1xm9 (you will get ICND2 as a free bonus when you buy the ICND1 course).
For lots more content, visit http://www.davidbombal.com – learn about GNS3, CCNA, Packet Tracer, Python, Ansible and much, much more.
Caution: Using the tftpdnld ROM monitor command may erase the system image, configuration, and data files. System image, configuration, and data files must be present on USB CF in slot0 for the router to boot and perform normal file operations.
1. Enter ROM monitor mode
2. Set the IP_ADDRESS=ip_address configuration variable.
3. Set the IP_SUBNET_MASK=ip_address configuration variable.
4. Set the DEFAULT_GATEWAY=ip_address configuration variable.
5. Set the TFTP_SERVER=ip_address configuration variable.
6. Set the TFTP_FILE=[directory-path/]filename configuration variable.
7. (Optional) Set the GE_PORT=[0 | 1| 2 | 3] port number for download.
8. (Optional) Set the TFTP_MEDIA_TYPE=[0 | 1] copper or fiber.
9. (Optional) Set the TFTP_MACADDR= mac address of unit.
10. (Optional) Set the TFTP_VERBOSE= [0 | 1| 2] print setting variable.
11. (Optional) Set the TFTP_RETRY_COUNT=retry_times configuration variable.
12. (Optional) Set the TFTP_TIMEOUT=timeout of operation in seconds.
13. (Optional) Set the TFTP_ACK_RETRY=ack retry in seconds.
14. (Optional) Set the TFTP_CHECKSUM=[0 | 1] perform checksum test on image.
15. (Optional) Set the TFTP_DESTINATION=[flash0: | flash1: | usbflash0: | usbflash1:] flash destination device for file.
16. (Optional) Set the GE_SPEED_MODE= speed configuration.
17. Use the set command to verify that you have set the variables correctly.
18. Use the tftpdnld [-r] command to download the image.
This is a packet tracer troubleshooting lab.
The operating system of this router has been deleted so the boot process failed.
We are currently in ROMMON mode or ROM Monitor mode, power cycling the devices results in ROM monitor mode. You need to resolve this issue and restore the router operating system. Fortunately, you have a backup of the router operating system on TFTP server in your network. You need to restore this operating system and get the router working.
For verification, you need to make sure that the router boots correctly and you need to make sure that the router can ping both the TFTP server and the switch with this IP addresses.
So can you complete this lab?
Can you restore the operating system and get the network working?
Download the attached packet tracer file and see if you can complete the lab yourself, otherwise watch the next video where I show you how complete this lab.