This is one of multiple GNS3 labs videos. This video shows you have to configure PPP CHAP. The next videos shows how to configure PPP Multilink.
1) Enable PPP between R1 and R2
2) Enable two-way PPP PAP authentication between R1 and R3 (R1 password = cisco1, R3 password = cisco3)
3) View debug commands to view the PPP negotiation
4) View debug commands to view only the authentication process
5) Use show commands to prove the PPP PAP has successfully negotiated
6) Enable two-way PPP CHAP authentication between R1 and R4 using a password of cisco
7) View debug commands to view the PPP negotiation
8) View debug commands to view only the authentication process
9) Use show commands to prove the PPP CHAP has successfully negotiated
10) Use Wireshark to view to the PAP and CHAP negotiation
– What options does LCP negotiate?
– Does PAP use clear text authentication? Can you prove it?
– Which hashing algorithm used by CHAP?
– Does CHAP hash passwords?
– Can you see the IPCP NCP negotiation?
11) Enable EIGRP in AS 100 and prove that all devices can ping each other.
IOS used: c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T14.bin
Get $200 worth of network software for free here: https://goo.gl/613TUF